22 June 2005

TMNet Horror 1.12 - How to make a good thing bad.

Oh boy, what a ride... Heres my response to them.

From: Yoon Kit Yong
Reply-To: Yoon Kit Yong

To: TM Net Customer Care Support

Cc: yoonkit@streamyx.com, shahrir@cfm.org.my, fomca@fomca.org.my, suganthi@cfm.org.my
Date: Jun 22, 2005 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: Streamyx

Hello Rafidah,

Please check your records regarding the status of this query,
and discuss the matter with your colleague G Pragash,
as I have already indicated my dismay on the small rebate sum
you have indicated.

You can read the discussion here online, as I have blogged it.

TMNet Horror 1.9 - Other rebates denied.

I then asked for your justification here:

TMNet Horror 1.10 - Gimme Gimme Gimme

I did not receive any reply,
but I was pleasantly surprised when I
received my May bill,
and there was a deduction of over RM800! You can see the bill in its
entirety here:

TMNet Horror 1.11 - Redeemed!

I was elated, and I considered the matter closed,
giving kudos to your team for finally coming to your senses.
I was even thinking of upgrading to the RM66 package!

Now with your latest email, I really pity the state of your company.

The worst is your lame "Firstly, we apologise for the late reply."
What do you actually mean by this?
Do you really feel sorry that it takes you 2 whole months
to reply my simple request of just acknowledging receipt?

I requested:
>> Can you at least acknowledge receipt of the emails I have been sending you?
>> At least within 2 working days, Im sure thats not too unreasonable?

So it looks like 2 working days in some inefficient companies are equivalent to
2 actual months in real life!

You are getting an earful here because I consider your email
rude, unprofessional and totally unecessary. I think its totally
justified. Here's why:

> Referring to your email , we would like to informed you that your rebate had been
> reflected on your Streamyx bills was dated 24th of May 2005 ( RM 422.71 ) .
> Your outstanding till to date are RM 131.22 please refer to our website at
> https://tmbill.tm.net.my for further information .

I did receive my May bill, and I did see the rebate. But what is puzzling is
HOW did you get the value of RM422.71? because the bill clearly states,
and Im looking at both the online and printed versions of them, RM845.42!
I can still see the figure on the online version, and it has passed 1 month
as there has been no changes on your end.

I feel that that is the appropriate amount to deduct considering the unecessary
overcharge, the months which I had downtime and had to pay for them, and
this ridiculous level of customer service!

Here's why I think RM845.42 is justified:
TMNet Horror 1.8 - Victory has a bitter aftertaste.

> We hope the above reverts to your query.
> Should you require any further assistance,

> please feel free to contact us at streamyx@tm.net.my or call us at 1-300-88-9515
> (from 8:00 am to 12:00 am ~ daily).

No, the above does not 'reverts my query' and you should amend the line to say:
"Should you require any further assistance, feel free to contact us at
streamyx@tm.net.my and be prepared to wait 2 months for more abuse"

> Thank you for being our valued customer.

It is obvious that your company does not value its customers.
The fact that you treat us so badly and do not respond to them
in a timely manner is proof that this statement is insincere!

Please Rafidah, solve this problem, and lets get on with our own seperate lives.
You have managed to convert a "somewhat satisfied" customer back into a
"VERY dissatisfied and angry" customer who would rather NOT be your
customer if he could.

Please acknowledge this email that you have received it IMMEDIATELY.
Please forward it to your superiors, all the way up to the CEO.
I want your top guys to look into this, and see if they have the
same concept of customer service as the people I have been dealing with.

So I expect at least 2 superiors CC'ed in the next response I receive.

Sincerely,

Yong Yoon Kit.
- Dissatisfied and getting angrier.


As you can see their customer service levels is totally non existent, their billing system is completely haywire and basically their product is substandard. What can I say?

yk

ps. I've changed back the description of this blog to this:
A Simple blog. Currently just to gripe about stuff, namely TMNet, Malaysia's premier ISP