3 May 2005

TMNet Horror 1.10 - Gimme Gimme Gimme!

So Ive finally posted all my correspondence on this blog, just to make sure that I dont lose the gems of "How to piss off your customers". Im very happy with gmail on that it stored all my emails in a threaded view and blogger with the interface and the ability to alter the blog dates so that I can see things chronologically.

Anyway, as I now have a platform to gripe publicly, here is my latest email back at the evil enterprise.

From: Yoon Kit Yong
Reply-To: Yoon Kit Yong
To: TM Net Customer Care Support
Cc: yoonkit@streamyx.com, shahrir@cfm.org.my, fomca@fomca.org.my, suganthi@cfm.org.my
Date: May 3, 2005 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: Rebate Request
Hello G Pragash,

It is a shame that it has come to a point where
dealing with TMNet has become so frustrating that Im going public about it.
As little as this may have an effect or not, it is now available on my blog.

You can help your company redeem yourselves and do what is right
in meeting my very simple requests.
Remember, it is very simple to make things right.
I already have made very reasonable conditions.

> The sum RM 422.71 is the amount that was suggested
> by the Information Technology (IT) department of TM Net.
> They have done a through investigation regarding this case
> and accordingly upon careful investigation,
> we found that all the other usages from your account are valid.
> Therefore, we are not able to proceed with your rebate request.

Is this department the same department who was so sure that the original
RM422.71 was my modems fault and not their systems fault?

Remember this?

http://yoonkit.blogspot.com/2005/04/tmnet-horror-17-victory.html

>> However, regarding to your request for waiver for your Streamyx account,
>> kindly be informed that upon further checking with the related department,
>> we found that there was a system error.
>> Therefore, we have suggest a rebate of RM422.71
>> (ref. bill dated 24th December 2005) will be given.

So I suggest you check with this department again and make sure that
the other requests I have are not the fault of their systems?

Please read these requests, and answer me point by point
and show why I have to pay the extra charges.

> 1) The 422.71 which you are reimbursing me is only the December bill.
> 2) In November 2004, there is an overcharge of RM30.13
> 3) In January 2005 there is also an overcharge of RM177.21
> 4) although I paid for March access for RM44, I could not log in because my
> account was suspended over no fault of mine.
> 5) There seems to be a RM63 extra charge in September, but I cannot confirm
> because your accounts at tmbill.tm.net.my doesnt
> go back that far. Can you please check that its because I didnt pay my 44
> subscription or because of aditional charges?
> 6) Please let us not mention the inconvenience caused over the past 4 months.
>
> So can you consider rebating me a total of at least RM674.05
> as that is the total amount of money demanded by your
> accounting system which you have identified with a system error?

I have also been denied access in April, so the total increases by RM44
to at least RM718.05

So please, respond soon and favourably.

Regards,

Yoon Kit.


I hope the team at TMNets "Customer Service" departments gets to see their name on the net so that others can "evaluate" their customer service skills.

Now we wait... guess how long?